First Mother's Day

Mother's Day dinnerMeeting his Great Grandma in CharlotteHudson, his Great Grandma and ZachIMG_2083IMG_2085
Happy Mother's Day Grandma!
"I still don't like this cereal mom"Again?

First Mother's Day, a set on Flickr.

What a great first mother's day! I feel so blessed to be a mommy to Hudson and to be able to celebrate this day with my amazing mother who is now a grandma. After being at this motherhood thing for just 4 months I realize this year more than ever how much mothers should be appreciated. I also realize what a blessing it is to get the chance to become a mom. I am so thankful that God gave me this special gift.

Hudson slept in today! So sweet of him to think of his mom on Mother's day. He also rolled over for the first time from tummy to back. It may have been an accident but he did it so I am going to say it counts! He is so close to rolling the other way too but still needs a little push.

We took Hudson to Charlotte today to meet his Great Grandmother (Zach's grandmother). It was a beautiful day so we sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine with her. Although she has a hard time finding her words since her stroke she just grinned from ear to ear at Hudson and I know she is just so proud of her grandson and great grandson. She even suggested that maybe she should take Hudson home with her when we started talking about how crazy it was that Zach is a "Daddy" now..haha.

We had a great mother's day dinner at a great restaurant where we could sit outside on the patio. These types of places have become my favorite spots since there is a 99% chance that Hudson will start crying at some point during a meal. I guess he was giving me another mother's day gift tonight because he was so good throughout the entire meal and only got upset at the end because he was tired and it was past his bedtime.

Wish mother's day was everyday :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment