Road Trip

I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends.  We just got back from Hudson's first road trip!  We went to TN this weekend to see two of my best friends and their families.  When I started grad school I remember being so worried about moving to a small town in TN and living there for 3-4 years not knowing a soul.  It was one of the best decisions I ever made because I met these amazing friends.   We knew that a lot would change when we all went our separate ways after grad school to start our careers and it is comforting to know that no matter the distance, the time, or how busy we get we will always be a part of each other's lives...and now our children's lives.  In the past year and a half we have all been blessed with 3 handsome baby boys. We are also so excited that Crystal will also be having a baby boy this summer!  It was a wonderful weekend and although our bedtimes are much earlier than they used to we always make great memories and I am always sad to leave.

I warned the girls about Hudson not sleeping well yet and of course he proved me wrong (thank goodness) from the minute we pulled out of the driveway.  We left at around 6:00pm Friday night and he slept the entire car ride all the way to TN and continued to sleep until 4:30 am.  When he finally woke up he ate and then slept until around 8 am.  He slept through the night again on Saturday night and then slept the whole way home today!  I hope we are onto something here!  I am so glad that he is happy enough (for now) in his car seat to sleep that long.  It made for a pretty boring car ride for Zach and I because I was so afraid to talk louder than a whisper because I didn't want Hudson to wake up.  It was neat to take him on his first road trip on the 3.5 hour drive that Zach and I used to make for 3 years to see each other on the weekends. :)

Hudson turned 3 months old today!  We weighed him today and he is 13 pounds, 9 ounces!  So he has already doubled his birth weight and his belly is getting a little too big for most of the 3 month onesies :). Not sure how this wrinkly little man that I met 3 months ago has become this round baby so fast.


I was planning on taking pictures during each hour of the car ride to see the progression but this is pretty much what he looked like hour one, two, and three!



Our boys!  I am amazed that we got them all somewhat still and happy at the same time to take these pictures.


Cohen and Hudson

Ben teaching Hudson that socks are unacceptable in his house :)

Hudson and his aunt Melody

Hanging out with Tilly



Ben's battle scar

Ben catching a ride with Cohen

Listening to aunt Sarah's beautiful singing voice

Getting some lovin from Cohen

Pretty girl, Handsome boy

It is crazy that this is one of probably three or four pictures that I have with Hudson.  I am always behind the camera.

This is usually the look he gives me before the tears start.

Thinking about being happy...

Happy 3 month old!!



All of our boys

The little boys really didn't want to take pictures with their mommies.

 Sleeping again for the ride home.





Grandma thought it would be funny to put him in the same basket that we took his newborn pictures in.  Oh he was so tiny then....




0 comments:

Post a Comment